Wednesday, February 25, 2009

So What Do You Think?

This was Christian a few days ago (along with silly cousin Nate).
And this is Christian tonight! I just cut his hair. Yes, I did. I'll admit, it's not horrible as Ryan predicted, but it's also not as sharp looking as it usually is after a haircut. I had NO idea what I was doing and panicked a few times through out the 30 minute process. My bathroom is completely covered with hair. But Christian definitely preferred this over going to the "haircut store."

The last time I cut Christian's hair was when he was a year old and that was HORRIBLE! I took a huge chunk of hair out of the side of his head. This time I had a more cooperative child, but I'm not sure if it's really worth it. I just might spend the 15 bucks next time just so I don't have to clean up the mess. We're trying to do a better job of sticking to a budget and I thought this would be a good way to pinch a few pennies, but we'll see!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job Judy...before you know if you'll be cutting everyone's hair. Christian would be cute no matter how his hair looked!
-Laurie

heatherlm said...

Still adorable. Great job Judy! Tyler had one too many unfortunate haircuts when he was this age.

Heidi said...

Good job Judy! We cut the boys hair all the time now. With time you won't have as much of a critical eye and you'll also get better. We throw a bed sheet on the floor in the living room and watch a video while we cut hair to cut down on the squirmming!

Sarah Joy said...

Yes, Judy this is a great way to save some money. I save $42 every three weeks by cutting Reagan and Riley's hair.With all my medicals and lately adding Reagans to the pile we need to watch it so this really helps! I told Warren I am going ot go back to doing his as well. His is really hard though... all those curls wrap around your fingers!Great job and you will get better at it with each one adn it wil take less time the better you get and the older he gets. Do you give him a game boy or video game to play with ? I lay a sheet down in my living room and sit them on a stool so they can watch tv or a movie sometimes depends on what kind of mood they are in. It is actually easier to clean up in the living room than the bathroom. The sheet can be shook outside and then thrown in the wash and the carpet vacuumed! The hair sticks to everything inthe bathroom, tile, walls...makes me crazy!

Christine said...

I think his hair looks great. But better than that - his smile seems to say that he likes it too. :)

Anonymous said...

I love the sparkle in Christian's eyes and, the haircut looks good too!
Grandmom