Sunday, February 8, 2009

MUD

I thought we all might need something a little lighter to make us smile after that last post! So here goes:

You might remember our little backyard pool from this summer. Well, when we took it down this past fall all the grass was dead underneath it (obviously) and we decided not to plant any new grass because we were just going to put the pool back up this coming summer. BIG MISTAKE!

This was Christian playing in the 58 degree day today. And here's what he told me when I went outside to check on him.
C: "Mommy, I put this board in the mud so I wouldn't get my boots dirty while I'm playing."
Me: "Really Christian? You think that board is going to keep your boots clean?"
C: "Yup! It's a good idea."

Me: "Hmm...I just don't think your plan is working! Take a good look at your boots."
C: "Am I in trouble?"

P.S. He did NOT get in trouble! Boys will be boys!

5 comments:

Caitlin said...

Hahaha! That is too cute! Glad to see you guys are enjoying warmer weather! :)

Millicent said...

He had the same idea as my kids--hopefully i'll get our mud pictures up today!

The Marklund's said...

Be thankful he didn't dive into it and dirty all of his clothes. My pastor's grandson did that a few years back at a church cookout. Our pastor is a NEAT FREAK, and put him in a big black trash bag when it came time to drive him home. Yup. I might have done the same thing.

Katy said...

It's a little glimpse of springtime for us!

Heather said...

What a smart boy, nice try Christian!