Saturday, February 21, 2009

What we're up to ... REVEALED!

Well, if you guessed moving then - YOU'RE RIGHT! Well, we're at least going to try to move. We'll see if our house sells. And "yes" I totally agree with all of you out there shaking your heads, it is a horrible time to try to sell a house but we're going for it. We really feel like this is what God is leading us to do. I know that probably sounds strange, but Ryan and both are in complete agreement about this and we both have total peace about it and unbelievably I'm not stressed out about it :)
When we bought our house five years ago it was in the middle of the housing boom. It was crazy. Houses were on the market for 1/2 a day and then they sold. I remember one house we were interested in sold to someone who hadn't even looked at it yet. But God led us to this sweet house that was for sale by owner. Ryan's friend was on a bike ride and rode past this house, told us about it and I fell in love just peaking in the windows.

We've thought about moving for the last three years. When we originally bought this house we only planned to stay here for two years, but God had other plans. I'm so glad he held us here for the time that he did. Two different times we met with realtors and were about to list our house and then something would come up that would prevent us from doing it. God knew we needed to be here when our neighbor's daughter passed away last spring. God knew we needed to be here when Amy moved to town so we could be close to her and so things would be simpler with the kids and Emma riding the bus, etc. God knew he wanted us to build the relationships with each and every one of our sweet neighbors. God knows the plans He has for us and so right now we are just trusting in Him.

Right now we are in the process of preparing our house to sell. We've rented a storage unit and we're getting all of our treasured JUNK out of the house. We're painting and reorganizing every cabinet, closet and even the fridge. I've watch Designed to Sell people and so I've got big plans to make this place look perfect. Although I can think of five little people who might ruin my plans :) We'll probably have the house on the market the second week in March.

We aren't really shopping for houses right now, although we do have one place in mind. We are focused on selling first, then buying. We are even content to rent for awhile before we buy or even end up building (if we can't find what we want). Right now the deals are in buying (not building) so we're going to try to buy first. Our dream home would be a four bedroom house out in the country with an acre or two or twenty if Ryan could have his way. Ryan grew up on a 400 acre farm and I grew up on 8 acres, so we're not really neighborhood kind of people. We long for trees and crickets and lots of grass to mow! That's our dream, so we'll see what God does!

Don't worry I didn't forget about the CONTEST! I went to random.org to pick a winner and the WINNER IS...Heather R. my sweet childhood friend! I'll pop your prize in the mail one of these days Heather!

Okay, this post is getting a little long! We'd love it if you would pray that God would "order our steps" over the next few weeks and months. Ultimately my hearts desire is to be right in the middle of God's will and to be where He wants us to be!

8 comments:

Heather said...

I won!! How fun!!!:) I am so excited for you guys. Know that I am praying for you as you start this adventure. God's Hand is in it, which means that it will work out in ways none of us can imagine!!!:):)

the mccollums... said...

Congrats, Heather!! :) Jude, I don't think you are crazy for moving! We are also going to put our awesome little condo on the market (I am so SAD about it since it is our 1st place together!) and we have another property on the market too right now! I will add you to my praying-for-the-house-to-tell list if you add me to yours! :) It would make our life easier if we didn't have to have it rented out while we are in Africa. Keep us posted!

Laurie in Ca. said...

You bet that I will be praying for you in this Judy. As I was reading I was thinking about Designed to Sell and then I saw you mention it. They have great tips for not too much money. Remember KITCHEN.:) I pray that you will be smack dab in the middle of Gods plan every step of the way. His plans are perfect!

Love and Hugs, Laurie

Katy said...

We're in the same boat, Judy! God will take care of it exactly when HE wants to. Have you read Acts 17:26 lately? :)

Sarah Joy said...

I am so excited to see how Gd works through your following His leading... all you can do is take the steps that you feel he is ordering and wait on Him for the rest. I am praying all the time for you guys! Love you.
And Heather--- You are so going to LOVE the book!!!! Maybe you will have to do a post about it after you read it the first time:)

Anonymous said...

Steve and I were talking today, and wanted to offer to help you move your things to storage if you need the help. Steve has a truck and my dad has a trailer that we could borrow if you need it. Anyway, we know how hard it is to move (we almost didn't make it out of our first house before the new owners arrived). If you need help lifting boxes or taking things to storage, just let us know.

Julie and Chris said...

I swear design to sell is how I sold my house so quickly despite a slumping market. It is all about the clutter removal. Good Luck!

Courtney said...

oh. wow. moving and having your house on the market with little kids is a BIG deal!!! i know! i'll be praying for patience for you :-)