Monday, February 9, 2009

The Face of Scarlet Fever

This picture doesn't really do it justice but poor, dear little Abby has Scarlet Fever and Strep Throat. The rash covers her entire body, literally from head to toe and her face is swollen too. One glance and the doctor knew exactly what was wrong with her. She's been such a good sport about. She's been cheerful and pleasant despite feeling horrible! Amy is traveling for work a few days this week and Abby is super contagious, so Grandmom and PopPop took her home with them today. I'm sure Abby will have a special time with them because she's never had their undivided attention before and I'm sure she'll be completely spoiled!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is what J had the weekend M was born. Strep/Scarlet fever....rash everywhere.....Poor Abby...

BTW- We are planning a shopping trip to Hagerstowne in April.....Amybe we can get togehter?

Wendy

Heather said...

oh my goodness! I've never seen that before, I hope no one else gets it and I'm glad to hear she went home with your parents....I hope they don't get it either!

Heidi said...

oh my! we will be praying for a speedy recovery and that no one else gets sick!!

Anonymous said...

It's Wednesday and the fever is gone. Abby still has a little rash, but it is nowhere near as bad as it was. Her throat is not sore but her nose is still stuffy. We are enjoying having this special time with our precious girl.
Grandmom

Katy said...

poor baby - scarlet fever? I had no idea that was even still around! ugh!