Wednesday, February 4, 2009

His compassions are new every morning

So I guess you noticed that I didn't have such a good day yesterday :) Thanks for bearing with me as I vented. I guess I just want to make this blog reality. I don't want to only share our JOYs with you because that doesn't paint the full picture of our lives. It's easy to make life look picture perfect on a blog, but the point of this blog isn't to make me look like a fabulous mom/wife/aunt/sister. The point of this blog is record real life. I don't want you to know this made-up, super spiritual, super mom version of me. I want you to know the real me. The good, the bad and the ugly. Sure we have days when we do crafts, bake muffins, read books and adore each other all day, but the reality is that parenting isn't easy if you try to do a decent job and I'm hoping that some of you can find some encouragement in the fact that you're not alone in trying to do your best, yet falling short sometimes. I hope I'm not alone in the fact that mushed up goldfish crackers in my carpet makes my blood pressure rise :) So today we start over and I just know it's going to be a great day! Em, Abby and Nate's Dad is coming out to spend the afternoon with the kids since Emma has a half day. He must have decided to come save them from ME after reading my post yesterday (hehe)!!!

Lamentations 3:22
Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.

1 comment:

Sarah Joy said...

I am so thankful that His mercies are new every morning and Judy you are not alone!