Monday, February 16, 2009

Can you guess??? CONTEST

You are not going to believe what we're doing now! I definitely think we've lost our minds! I'm NOT going to give any HINTS! And you're going to have to wait a few days to find out, BUT you can guess in the meantime! Any guesses as to what we're up to??? You have to guess what we're up to and since I get to make up the rules, you have to include the name of one of your favorite children's books. I'm always on the look out for a special new book to read. I'll draw a random winner in a few days and that person wins one of my all time favorite children's books! Just in Case You Ever Wonder By: Max Lucado. Love the story, not the illustrations so much, but you gotta get past that. The message of this book is so important for kids, I absolutely love it. In fact I think we're going to read it tomorrow. I actually took this book to the hospital with me to read to Christian when he was born. His birth was a tad stressful so that didn't happend but I do remember rocking him and reading it to him when he was a week old. I sobbed through the whole thing! It's really perfect for ages three and up but I'm a fan of reading to babies too! So guess away and let me know what you like reading to your kiddos or your class or your grandkids!!

P.S. My mother and my sister CANNOT enter this contest! Sorry girls! Oh yeah, and Angie if you happen to be reading this you can't enter either! I think that's everyone who already knows what we're up to.

13 comments:

heatherlm said...

Are you expecting!?.....I'm personally a big Dr. Seuss fan.

Anonymous said...

Are you moving? Should I run outside and see if there is a "sold" sign on lot 33? We'd love to have you as neighbors!

My favorite kid's book is The Barnyard Dance, but right now Kate only wants to read Dora books! We also have the Max Lucado book...I really like it as well!

Anonymous said...

Are you taking the kids on a road trip to Disneyworld during Spring Break when every other family in the world descends on Florida? Maybe that's why you need lots of book titles...to read, read, and read more in that long, long car ride! Oh and to make it more exciting, you're going to take Emma, Abbey and Nate!

My favorite story is "The Little Engine That Could".

- Laurie

The Chatt Pack said...

I'm not going to guess, just because you may have given me a little clue in an email you sent, and that just wouldn't be fair, would it? Or I could take advantage of it, I suppose. Or maybe it has nothing to do with that. I do, however, know how the Chatterton's work. Anywho... our favorite kids book lately is "A Tree Named Steve" I don't recall the author right now. Have a good day.

Lori said...

You are either adding another little Chatterton or you are moving!!

And, my favorite children's book is...Oh the Places You'll Go.

Sarah Joy said...

I think you are moving. You ned more space. Yousaid it yourself and trying to sell thta house with all those kids would make you crazy, wouldn't it! I hate selling but love buying so my guess is moving but don't enter me because we have this book. I bought it long before I conceived my first child. I think I was still in high school and I even inscribed to to my future children. I cried then when I would read it to the Walker kids at night! I love it still and read it often. What ever this new adventure is I love you and am praying God's blessings on you all!

Heather said...

I am going with the moving, but I think that maybe you are actually building a house like you have talked about in the past. I love "Oh the Places You Will Go" by Dr Seuss

Amy said...

I'm must loving checking out everyone's guesses!!!!

Amy said...

Hahahaha! That was supposed to say: "I'm JUST loving checking out everyone's guesses"!!

Brennan Blog said...

Building an addition onto your house?

my fave is ramona the Pest by beverly cleary...for older kids I know, but still fun...

Jenn said...

i don't think that you are moving so my guess would also be.... are you expecting? but i maybe thought you would have mentioned something while i was down last?? i really don't know!!! maybe it has something to do with christian and his school?! i'll definitely be checking every day to see what this is all about!!!
i like lots of children's books... Goodnight Moon is one that comes to mind. Um, also a fan of Dr. Suess. Green Eggs and Ham!

Heather said...

I was going to go with moving.....before I saw everyone else who posted it! I do not think you're expecting...although I'd be excited for you if you are! Liam loves "Tails"...and carries it around the house all the time for me to read to him. I also like "On the Night you were Born..."

Millicent said...

ok Judy...how much longer do we have to wait???