Tuesday, April 28, 2009

"Mud Monsters"


It is a gorgeous day here on the east coast! We are doing our best to soak up every bit of sun that we can because tomorrow the rain and cool temps roll back in.
McKenna loves being outside, but I haven't been keeping her out for too long because it really is hot and she tries to eat everything in sight (hence the binkie).
Christian and Abby were having a great time this morning with the hose and a few buckets. After about 30 minutes I told them to turn off the hose so we don't waste water and just use what they have.

When I went outside later ^this^ is what I found.


Children caked with mud. They decided they wanted to be "mud monsters." There was a huge mud puddle in the middle of the yard that wasn't there earlier and I asked how it got there. Did they turn the water back on after I told them to turn it off?

Abby: "No we would NEVER do that! Chrish just had to pee really bad."
((picture me looking shocked trying to process what I just heard))
Me Shrieking: "You mean you made that mud puddle with Christian's pee?"
Abby: starting to cry "yes."
Me ((still shrieking)): "And that's the mud you have all over your feet?"
Abby: "uh huh."

Me: "And is that the mud that's on Christian's head?"
Abby: "uh huh."
--------------------------
I very distinctly remember my brother Tim doing something very similar when he was about this age, so I'm guessing this is just one of these things that little boys do, but I did serve up a healthy extended dose of time-out just to make it clear that we do NOT make mud out of pee ever, ever again! ((sigh)) I still haven't let them come back in the house.


10 comments:

Heidi said...

That's one Tanyon hasn't done yet!:) These boys like to keep life interesting.

Aggiema (Michelle) said...

LOL! HA HA HA HA....I know it is not funny to you but HA HA HA! Thanks for the laugh! Do you think you will ever let them back in the house?

the mccollums... said...

oh my goodness....thats a RIOT, JUDE!!! :) good grief...i guess he really had to go a lot since there was that much mud to cover everyone! This is one for your book for sure! :)

Brennan Blog said...

OMGosh! I am laughing my head off! Sorry- I know it isn't funny...but really, it is a great story! Strip them down, give them a bar of soap and hose them off! I'll be they never do that again! :) Thanks for the laugh....it really made my day!

Anonymous said...

Oh the things little kids think of. At least it was his pee, my brother at one time went swimming in the big puddle in our back yard. Dad stressed not to, but boys will be boys. He did not know that the puddle was from all the septic tanks on the block drain field. When it rains a lot they all drained into our yard as a child. Mind u it was an acre yard so, there was still lots of room to play. Needless to say my dad was mortified. Well I hope they did get to come in adventually. Good luck with the next few days of rain, I know how ruff that can get with little ones.
Lindsey

Vicky B. said...

Judy, You really have a gift to bring a smile to my face as you blog the antics of your day:) What fun your children, nieces, and nephew will have in years to come to read about their "adventures." A note of encouragement: When we put our house on the market to sell in the 70's, I daily tried to keep it clean and tidy...quite a task with 3 little boys messing things up. After a few weeks of this, one day I just gave up. It sold shortly after, for our asking price. The day that it sold, there were toys everywhere, a "stinking" diaper pail on the porch waiting to be picked up by the diaper service (we went through 180 diapers a week with 2 in diapers)and dishes piled high in the sink and laundry dumped on the bed to be folded. Be encouraged, dear sister. The Lord is so very pleased with you! Love, Vicky

Katy said...

disgusting! i'm surprised my boys haven't quite thought about that one yet!!! i'm sure in some country that do that for cosmetic health reasons or something, so don't dwell on it. hilarious!

Aggiema (Michelle) said...

Just finished telling my husband this story and his first response was "Boy, he must have really had to go to make all that mud!" His second response was "she should have pointed at the kids and said "Ur in" big trouble now"! What can I say he's a very punny guy!

Sarah Joy said...

JUDE!!!!!! Stop it! That is so gross but I can so see it happening .. in my yard too! I remember the time we had company and I was on the deck with them and turned around to see Reagan's naked rear adn he claimed to be "watering the flowers" in my pots! I was so mortified... boys will pee whereever and whenever! But playing in it! Wow, this one takes the cake or should I say "mudpie"?

Millicent said...

Judy! That is just the best so far!!! Beats every other story you've posted!