Friday, April 24, 2009

Thankful for rainboots

We went ^HERE^ today! It was supposed to be a gorgeous 75 degree day.
But as soon as we got to the covered bridge the clouds rolled in and it started raining. So we decided to wait it out inside the bridge. Christian spent his time dropping rock through the cracks in this bridge built in the 1800s.


Our friends joined us and hung out in the bridge with us until the storm passed.



McKenna was such a good girl and hung out in her stroller for most of the day. It's hard to have her outside because she still isn't walking so she gets filthy. I actually bring mittens with me to put on her hands when she crawls around. You see those jeans she's wearing? They're her outside jeans. I put them on every time we go out and she gets them all yucky and I don't care because those are her "outside jeans." You'll be seeing them a lot!



There's nothing like eating your lunch on the slide!



Christian and his buddies had the best time digging in the mud/leaves/stream! Thank goodness for those rainboots he just happened to put on this morning. I brought sneaker for him and forgot to put them on him. I'm glad I forgot!



And this is what the kiddos did for a few hours.




Love this picture!

The perfect, perfect way to spend the day!


4 comments:

Heather said...

McKenna looks so big in those pictures! I can imagine she does become pretty dirty since she isn't walking yet...I have a feeling I'll be dealing with that next summer! Thank goodness for rainboots!

Millicent said...

I still haven't gone to that spot...it's now on my list of things to do this summer!
Oh, how we love rainboots for outside! In fact, i'm hoping to snag a pair for myself for working in the garden :)
Looks like a great day!

Sarah Joy said...

Yea... for rainboots! Looks like they all had lots of fun!

Katy said...

i have been looking for rainboots for my kids at the consignment sale for YEARS - for exactly days like this! that bridge is the coolest! But Judy seriously - you put MITTENS on her hands to crawl around outside? You are a hoot!!!