Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Will's First Check-Up

Okay....bad mommy me!!! I haven't taken any pictures of Will for two days. Yes, I know he's the third child, but I can do better!!! I will take a picture before he goes to bed :) Will had his first check up today. He's back to gaining weight. He's not quite back up to his birth weight, but he weighed in at a healthy 9lbs 2oz. He has been looking a little yellow, so after the pediatrician visit we headed over to the hospital to have some blood work done. The sweet boy barely cried when they pricked his heel and started squeezing out the blood. Thankfully we've already gotten the test results and he's within the normal range, so we will not have to check it again! Yay!!! Remember my previous post about what a sweet boy Will was and how he was such a good sleepy, calm boy? Well, the next night I never went to bed. Literally. Right after that post he stayed up and fussed all night. It was terrible. I cried. But I know it comes with the territory and I think he got himself straightened out. Last night was much better. I wasn't awake nearly as much and I got several straight hours of sleep. Honestly, I do think Will is our easiest baby so far. But I also think recovering from a c-section is much, much worse than delivering a baby the regular way. But he is worth it. Every moment has been worth it. I sat and watched Christian lay on my bed next to Will and just chat away with him. Christian was trying so hard to get him to smile. It was precious. And later today I held McKenna on my lap while McKenna held Will! Oh gracious! My heart is so full. We are blessed!!

1 comment:

Katy said...

Those first few days...specifically nights are so hard!!! it's the worst part - getting their days and nights squared away! Keep working at it - try everything you can to get him to stay awake a bit after you feed him (and i never let mine sleep more than 2 hours during the day without waking them up....that way if he can stay awake 30 min after feeding, then you've done a 2.5 hr cycle. at night he can go further and perhaps you'll get a bit of sleep. it will happen - but those first nights are awful!!!