Tuesday, March 22, 2011

1st day as a mommy of 3

Today was my first day alone with my three kids.
I've been so blessed to have tons of help from my mom and from Ryan since Will's birth.
The morning was smooth sailing.
A friend came over to take some newborn pictures of Will...I can't wait to see them :)
And our morning was great!!!
By the afternoon my motrin was wearing off and I knew something was not right.
Then I called the doctor and my dear husband had to rush home from work so I could go to the doctor. So much for my first day alone.

Do you want to know what my biggest worry was about being alone with all the kids???
This seems silly now, but I was so worried about how I was going to take McKenna to the potty if she had to go while I was in the middle of nursing Will.
It didn't take us long to run into this issue.
I was changing Will's diaper when McKenna HAD TO GO!!!
Yikes.
I told her to wait just a minute and I would help her (she uses the big potty, so that's why she needs help).
But by the time I had the diaper on Will and his little onsie snapped up, guess who was already on the potty taking care of business all by herself?!
When I ran into the bathroom to help her she told me she just couldn't wait, so she did it herself.
And now she refuses to let me help her. Yippee!!
All that worry for nothing!

Both Christian and McKenna have been so grown up lately.
Christian made lunch today.
I'm not even kidding.
Capri Suns, cheese, ham and yogurt.
I was impressed.
We won't mention the artwork McKenna drew all over her stomach with a pen or the fact that she wore five different outfits today just because she felt like it. oy!

So tomorrow we'll do the whole mommy of three thing again and see how it goes :)

2 comments:

Katy said...

you made it - consider it a victory!!! and stay on top of your meds - dont let the wear off. how's the fever?

Sarah Joy said...

Way to go Judy! And way to go Big Brother for being such a huge helper!!!