Friday, March 4, 2011

This moment

Christian is "teaching" McKenna to play the Wii in the basement right now. I'm sitting at the computer doing basically nothing hoping that the contraction that I had at 12:46 will repeat itself sometime soon. It probably won't. I've been averaging one contraction an hour for almost three days now. Nothing to get excited about, just enough to make me want to crawl into bed.

Then I hear Christian say to McKenna:
"I bet you can't wait until ______(insert name of brother) is born."
And McKenna replies,
"Yeah, I like babies."
And Christian says,
"Me too! It's going to be fun."

Then the conversation moved on to the placement of the pillows on the couch. Apparently McKenna is moving pillows around and Christian just wants her to leave them alone. But their anticipation makes me smile. I think we all feel very blessed and know that this little boy is going to be one of God's greatest gifts to our family!

No comments: