Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Final Countdown


"Mom, do you know that in two days or less I'm going to have a brother?"
That's the conversation I woke up to this morning :)

It's been a busy day.

I know you've all been wanting a belly picture and I knew I needed to get one, but most days I'm lucky if I brush my teeth. I haven't exactly been looking very photogenic lately, but today we went to lunch with some friends (the perfect distraction) and then we went to the hospital for a "field trip." So I had to get dressed and put make-up on. So I had Christian take a few pictures of me. Oh gracious....lets just say: short person taking the picture + super pregnant lady= very very bad pictures. So I took one of my self and that's the best you're going to get for now.

We took a "field trip" to the hospital because I needed to get some blood work done and because McKenna freaks out anytime I mention the hospital. So I thought it would be good to take her and show her around and let her see where she's going to get to come visit me. So we rode the elevator upstairs to see the baby wing and we just hung out for a little while.

Then we headed over to Target to get a Dora potty seat.
I was informed this morning that we needed one for the upstairs bathroom.
We have a princess seat downstairs, so we needed something upstairs.
I'm still a little shocked, but we've had complete success today in the potty training department.
I still don't have high hopes, because we are going to be bringing a baby into the mix in 48 hours, but she seems completely determined and she's the one who brings it up everytime.

And here she is....oh this girl cracks me up. Shoes on the wrong feet. No pants. "Big Girl" undies! And always several hair accessories!

Continuing with this random post.....Christian said the cutest thing this afternoon.

We were in the car and McKenna was telling me who all her best friends are and she included Thomas. I knew when she said it that she was talking about Thomas the tank engine, not a person. She's been into that show lately and she's been playing with trains ever since we got them out for the babies room. Well, Christian heard her say that Thomas was one of her best friends and he says; "What? Thomas is a guy in the Bible! McKenna doesn't know him! How can he be her best friend when she's never even met him? I'll bet he's even dead and in Heaven by now." Hilarious....It's hard for me to even believe that Christian can hear the word "Thomas" and not think of trains. Remember how obessed he used to be? But how awesome is it that "Thomas" made him think of someone in the Bible! My boy is growing up!


As far as baby news is concerned...I'm telling you what. This pregnancy is so strange. I was having contractions like crazy last Thursday and Friday. I was miserable. By Sunday afternoon they had completely stopped. Then today I'm walking around Target and I had two contractions (like the kind you have to stop and breathe through) back to back. At this point, I would just like to stick to the plan and have the baby on Thursday and not before. But it's out of my control :)


So that's the latest!! Thanks for checking in!!


3 comments:

Katy said...

i SO wish we lived closer because callie and mckenna would be BESTEST friends I just know it!!!!! callie is dressed EXACTLY like that most days! :) hang in there - you look BEAUTIFUL...and you're going to have a new baby in your arms SOON!!!!

Courtney said...

you look beautiful! thinking of you SO often!

the mccollums... said...

Yay for a preggo picture! Love it, Judy, you look GREAT!! I love the fact that you admitted that most days you haven't brushed your teeth...I feel like that is me right now. I'm lucky if I get a shower let alone get make-up on my face.

Can't wait to see the Facebook pics and hear how everything went. Thankful for the fact that God is going to go ahead of you and prepare the way.