Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Big Sister


(Hoping in her pillow case like a bunny!)

Even with everything going on with Will, I just have to take a moment to document and celebrate my precious daughter. You might remember that she decided to be a big girl six days ago. She declared that she was grown up and didn't need diapers anymore. It's remarkable, but she was serious and she has used the potty all week. She wakes up with a dry diaper in the morning and she hasn't had any accidents. We've still been putting pull-ups on her when we go places (like when she came to the hospital) but she really doesn't need them.


Last night she had her very first sleepover (where she actually slept on the floor in a sleeping bag) with her cousin Abby. Auntie Mimi put the girls to bed and McKenna told her that she didn't want her binkie anymore. Say what? So Aunt Mimi took her binkie and don't you know McKenna fell asleep without. I'm so proud of her!! And I'm extremely thankful that she's had lots of people around her (Grandmom, Abby, Emma, Mimi) cheering her on. I actually think the timing of all of this is pretty good because it's giving McKenna lots of attention and recognition during a time when normally it would be all about the baby.


So that's the update on the big sister.

I've hardly even seen my two big kids since I've been home. Christian has no time for me since his best buddy Nate is here (they're outside right now). And McKenna is super busy going through all of Abby and Emma's stuff. It's hilarious...Abby will put on her boots and the next thing you know McKenna is digging around trying to find her boots. I'm so glad McKenna has such wonderful girls in her life to set an example for her.

4 comments:

Heather said...

What a big girl!!! I'm so proud of her!

Millicent said...

ARE YOU KIDDING??? Wow!! Go McKenna!!!!!

Heather said...

yay for the big girl!

Katy said...

HOORAY for mckenna! she is going to LOVE being the big sister (and the boss of someone else, if she's anythinglike callie!!!) :)