Monday, March 14, 2011

Recovery

If you're wondering how I'm doing, I would tell you "great...other than the fact that I feel like I got run over by a truck." It's not just my stomach that is sore. It's my feet that are as swollen as I've ever seen them. And my left arm where I got several shots. And my back...who knows why that is killing me. Yeah, it's fun! Having a c-section is no cake walk, but I can tell that I'm feeling a little better each day and using a little less Vicodin to survive. Honestly when I look at Will's head and shoulders I think that a c-section probably was the right choice, but I don't think I ever want to do this again. Recovery is not fun. So I've pretty much parked myself upstairs in a recliner and everyone is waiting on me :)

I've even had some live entertainment from these two.

It started out as a competition to see who was taller (Technically Nate is taller, but he was standing on his tip toes in this picture).

Then things got a little silly.

Even sillier!!

And then things began to spiral out of control.

I guess recovery isn't so bad when these two are around!


3 comments:

Jenna said...

I bet they are making your recovery a fun time!! C-sections are hard! Hoping you are feeling better soon!

Katy said...

i remember going to see my fried sandi after her 2nd baby was born (her first c-section...)and she kept telling me to top making her laugh! that it hurt!!! so i hope those boys didn't make you laugh too much!! just get your rest - the slower youtake things, the quicker you will recover!

Sarah Joy said...

Oh have I been praying for you, nonstop praying for you!!! I know it is really hard but I also know your mom is going to be a huge help and I am praying she will force you to really rest so that you really do recover well and not have any relapses.I love you Jude!!! Kiss the baby for me. I want to squeeze him:)