Thursday, March 31, 2011

It's a big morning around here....

I'm functioning on 5.5 hours of sleep broken up into three chunks, but that's okay!! We are up and dressed and ready to head out into this icy morning for KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION!! Oh my gracious, I can't believe it. My little boy isn't so little anymore. He's excited. We're ready for this next step. I could send him tomorrow and would be okay about it. Okay, actually I would cry, but I would also know that he is ready to handle it. I'm so thankful we gave him an extra year at home. So, so thankful. I don't think he actually needed a whole extra year. Things really clicked for him around December and I can tell he's been bored at preschool and at home for the last couple of months. He's ready to be with other kids and have more going on in his life. And since he's ready, I'm ready too! My mom will be babysitting Will for the first time today and that's a big deal too!! I've never left any of my babies this early on, but Mr. THREE WEEKS OLD will do great.

4 comments:

Sarah Joy said...

What a difference a year has made for you and for him! This is very exciting yet another big change. Christian is just getting so big!

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how fast they grow up! I have a 6th grader. How is THAT possible?!? I'm pretty sure it was last week we were sitting around your parent's kitchen table, eating snacks, after coming back from Powerhouse. Or was it the week before? Anna :)

Anonymous said...

Will, McKenna and I got along just fine while you were gone. He is a precious baby and she is my "Dolly Girl." I'll watch them any time.
Grandmom

Katy said...

That extra year was SUCH a good thing for him. He will be so much more confident and ready for school in the fall - it's going to be great for all of you! :) Hooray for Grandma's living close by!