Monday, March 7, 2011

Are you kidding me??

This entire post borders on TMI (too much information), but I know all you mommies won't care. If you're not a mommy.....you've been warned :) Today as I pulled the car into the garage McKenna shouts; "Mommy!!!! I have to poopy!!! Hurry, hurry I need to go to the potty!!!" Say what??? She hates the potty. She cries on the potty. She screams on the potty and ABSOLUTELY refuses to poop on the potty. We've tried....several different times. Occasionally she fakes me out and will potty train for like a day and then it's all over. I'm not one to push it, especially since she's had some potty "issues" in the past. So I proceeded to get out of the car, pop the trunk and begin to carry groceries into the house. I certainly was not going to start potty training (again) 3 days before we have a new baby! McKenna continued to holler about her bathroom emergency. So I got her out of the car and she went tearing into the house, grabbed her princess potty seat, hopped up on the potty and pooped. Um...seriously??? Not now! This is not good timing. So later in the day my parents were over and McKenna says to my mom; "Want to see me poop on the potty?" And guess what? She did it again. Apparently she's taking this whole big sister thing to heart! I don't think I'll ever have this girl figured out!

8 comments:

Sarah Joy said...

That is funny. She just has a mind of her own now doesn't she?

dealightfulsavings said...

you are kidding...she did it again??? Oh my, she is funny! I hope she sticks with it!!

millicent said...

oh darn...I was signed into our other blog...sorry!

Katy said...

she's ready!!! it'll only take a day because she already knows, she'sjust now decided to agree with you! my friend Beth's first son, Harrison, was the same way. had BIG issues with pooing, and never wanted to do it. then when sh was IN the hospital after delivering her 2nd son, he potty trained while her in-laws were there! it's all about when THEY decide!!! :)

Heather said...

That's excatly how it happened in our house, and I can now say he's trained! He went from holding it for 5+ days and now he tells me 6 times a day he needs to poop and will sit on the potty...he poops about 3-4 times A DAY now...go figure. Now we're working on getting it all out in one sitting ;o) Maybe you won't have 2 in diapers after all! woo-hoo!

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious!!
Raeann

Peggi said...

I was sure that Emily would be going to the prom in diapers. She was 3 1/2 and we were living with my parents because the first Gulf War forced us home from Turkey early (Wayne was still there). I was tired of parenting by committee, so I decided not to push it until Wayne got back and we were settled in our next duty station. The week before we were leaving for Montgomery, a two day drive from my parents home, Emily decided to get the concept. I mean, seriously, she waited this long, she couldn't have waited another week?! We hit EVERY rest area between Philadelphia and Montgomery!

the mccollums... said...

Way to go, McKenna!