Monday, May 11, 2009

Another Morning at the Soccer Field



Our whole family got to go cheer Abby and Emma on at their soccer games on Saturday morning! We stopped by Abby's field first and saw her play a great game. She's #5!

She actually got control of the ball a few times.


But I must say that these two little boys (with Coach Jason) really carry the team! They can get tripped up, fall down, and they just jump right back up and start running after the ball again. Abby doesn't bounce back quite so quickly!

Abby occasionally gets to have a water break while the game is still being played. And this is what she does the whole time, NOT watch the game or cheer her teammates on, she plays with McKenna instead.

And that's all her friend Kate wanted to do too! So I asked the girls what they're favorite sport was, wondering if they would say soccer. Abby said, "I like Ballet because there's no running in Ballet." Kate said, "I like bowling. You don't run in bowling either." So there you have it folks, bowling and ballet!

Next we headed to Emma's field to see her play. This was towards the end of her game and I don't think I've ever seen her so exhausted. It was hot and she was running all over the field. I thought she just might fall over.


Emma is #10. She did a great job of staying with the ball, even when it meant a lot of running, and she had good control of the ball once she got it!

And here she is after the game. This picture doesn't even show how red her face was. I'm surprised she wasn't laying in the grass. She really got a work-out!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Those games look really intense and it looks like the girls are putting their hearts into it. I'm so glad they both got to have this experience.
Grandmom

Sarah Joy said...

The girls are making such wonderful emories and building great skills for more than sports! Way to go giirls. And Judy they are so incredibly blessed to have you there to cher them on. My kids LOVE having my sister at thier games adn my mom too! My mom comes to EVERY game now that she lives 3 miles from Reagans field and she drives really far to be at Riley's games... she is their biggest cheerleader!They need to know they are loved and supported and you do such a great job at that!

Katy said...

it is so hot right now to be running all over the place. that's why i never liked soccer either. too much running for me!(although now i'm a runner...)