Friday, May 29, 2009

A quick post...

Well, since Zac and Julie's blog had over 1000 hits on it yesterday and mine had over 100 (that's a lot for me and my little blog) I figured that means you all are looking for a little update. Thank you so much for covering everyone in prayer yesterday. It was a good day, well as good as a funeral day can go. Hard and very long for Olivia's family. But I think they were very blessed by the huge turn out at the funeral and the visitation the night before was incredible. This family is so loved. It is seriously amazing. I don't know exactly who was taking care of all the kids in the PICU yesterday because a whole row in the church was filled up by Olivia's nurses. So sweet.

I keep thinking about how hard these days are for Olivia's family, but truly the difficult days are the ones that are ahead. When all the visitors have gone home and the meals stop coming and real life has to start again. We need to pray that God's grace will cover them as they find their "new normal." I don't know how I could do it and I'm sure you're thinking the same thing.

I will be back on Eastern Standard Time by bedtime tonight. I miss my boy, but he's been great. I'm flying home by myself with McKenna so I'm a little nervous about that. Ryan has to fly to Connecticut for work, so we're parting ways at the airport. I'll update again when I'm actually home, which won't be until Sunday!

Until then, I'll leave you with this verse that was read at the funeral yesterday! Thank you Jesus for the HOPE we have in you!!!

Job 19:25
I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth.

3 comments:

Lori said...

Again, I can't even imagine. When the new normal sets in (whatever that is)...that is definitely the hardest part. It has been almost a year now since my mom, and I am still trying to figure out what "normal" is. I just don't have words....like my mom, there must be some sort of relief that she is not suffering anymore but then that overwhelming sadness that she is not here. Sorry, I know I am rambling...looking forward to you guys being home and another playdate at the park!

Sarah Joy said...

normal, life never returns to normal... my heart is still just so heavy. I am certainly praying for the Lord to raise up an army of support for the coming days and weeks and months around them! I know they will need it. But most of all that they are truly able to run to HIM in their grief and find rest there in his loving arms. He is the ONLY one who really understands what they are going through.

Anonymous said...

I can't even imagine what the family is going through right now. I am praying for them especially in the days ahead. I am thankful that they are a family faithfully serving the Lord. I couldn't imagine finding a "new normal" without the hope that we have in Christ Jesus.

Have a safe flight home and know that I will be praying for you as well.

- Laurie