Wednesday, May 27, 2009

We made it!

This blog post comes to you from middle-of- no-where Illinois :) Okay, so we're not really in the middle of nowhere it just feels like that after driving here from St. Louis. It took us about two hours, maybe a little more and that's because we were on a two lane road, with a 45mph speed limit (and these people obey speed limits around here even if it is flat and there are no other cars in sight...I guess I could learn a few things), in the middle of a bunch of farms. It's was a beautiful drive, Ryan let me drive over the Mississippi (okay so actually he was on his blackberry the whole time so I had to drive). The flight was umm...okay. I didn't panic or anything. McKenna was a great distraction and got her own seat even though we didn't pay for it! Thank you Jesus for that one! And thanks for praying me through my silly fear.

McKenna's napping right now and is sounding all congested for the first time in two months. I didn't bring the nebulizer or humidifier or any of that stuff with me, so we just need to pray that her stuffy little head gets better quick!!

And now to the real reason for this post. The hard part is ahead of us. Tonight is the visitation for Olivia. Please pray that God will send his ministering angels to heal and comfort the broken hearted tonight. Let's bring these names before our heavenly father tonight; Zac, Julie, Jack, Brooklyn, Rod, Sue, Tom and Connie.

You guys are the best!
((Hugs))

6 comments:

Heather said...

I am praying for all of you, and so glad that you got out there ok!!!

Laurie in Ca. said...

I am thankful for safe travel there and I am praying for Olivia's family.
Such an unreal and heartbreaking time for them. Asking for Gods peace and gentleness to be all over them and for you too Judy. Also praying for Joe and Christina to feel Gods healing hand.

Love and Hugs, Laurie

Sarah Joy said...

I couldn't wait to hear that you made it safe and sound. I have been praying all day for you. We continue to pray for the entire family...love you.

Heather said...

Hahaha! In the middle of nowhere...alas...the beauty of the armpit of America. Olivia's visitation was SO very hard, what a special, beautiful little girl....
-Heather (Julie Chatt's cousin)

Heidi said...

So glad to hear that you made it ok! We continue to lift all of you in prayer! We'll also be praying for McKenna too!

Vicky Bohlman said...

Dear Judy, Praying for Olivia's family and for grace for you too and for sweet little McKenna's congestion. Love, Vicky