Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

Well, I accidentally published this post before I did all the journaling for it! OOPs!

Mother's Day morning was wonderful. I had breakfast in bed (with a baby and a preschooler joining me :) Christian gave me one of those recordable card - LOVE IT- and he also gave me flowers and an umbrella. Last week it rained for days and I could never find my umbrella, so my observant little boy told his daddy that I needed one. I love it that he knew the perfect gift to give me. I took the picture ABOVE^ while we were at church. Christian recorded a special message for me that they included in a video of during the service. And I took a picture of the video screen (don't worry I didn't use my flash, so no one knew I took a picture during church). Our church had a video camera set up this past week and you could come to church and record a message for your mom. It was a sweet idea.
After lunch at McDonalds (I know we really live it up for Mother's Day) we headed to the park. Christian is terrified about riding his bike. It's ridiculous, especially since his cousin Adam (who is younger than Christian) already took his training wheels off. Anyway, Christian has a genuine fear of his bike and we knew it was something we had to work on. So we packed up his bike and took it to the park hoping that a change of scenery would inspire him to want to ride. I guess I should also mention that we did bribe him with ice cream too! But he got his ice cream because he did a great job and when we got home he rode his bike all the way over to Aunt Amy's house.


The little boy who made me a mommy!

I love that look on her face!

I stuck this picture in here just to see if any of you know what these are?? I grew up playing in the woods with this particular plant and had fun teaching Christian about them.




My favorite picture from the day. Isn't that forest gorgeous behind them? Mother's Day was absolute perfection this year!!


11 comments:

Heather said...

Looks like a great Mother's Day. That's a great picture of you and Christian. I have no idea what that plant is, but I'm not much of a horticulturist!

Courtney said...

you really got some amazing pictures, judy! happy mother's day!

Laurie in Ca. said...

These pictures are gorgeous Judy. I love the forest and the kids are just adorable. I am so glad your Mother's Day was such a good one with family. Have a great week!!

Love and Hugs, Laurie

Alicia said...

Awesome pictures... and what a sweet day. Hey, what is the lesson this week? I absolutely loved reading about last week. You are so creative! Happy Belated Mother's Day!

Sarah Joy said...

love the one of you and Christian!So sweet!

Millicent said...

fig leaf palm?
good job Christian!!!

Anonymous said...

I know the name of the plant. Am I allowed to tell?
Great Mother's Day pictures.
Grandmom

the mccollums... said...

SO cute...you are such a great mom, Judy!!! Happy Mother's Day again. XOXOX

Jenn said...

now i want to know the name of the plant as well! you got some great pictures from mother's day...

Amy said...

I recognize that plant! I gave a little lesson on it recently too...and took pictures of it. You and I are both so funny about stuff like that. They'll be on my blog later this week.

I love the pic of Ryan and Mck, but I also really like the one of you and Christian too. Beautiful!

I am so proud of Christian and his new bike riding skills!! He did so great riding all over the parking lot at my house...and he is just too cute in his helmet!

Katy said...

no idea on the plant name - are you kidding me? love the pictures with YOU in them! :)