Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A Memorial Day Prayer Request

Hey Guys....It's prayer request time again. I thought this one was especially appropriate considering yesterday was Memorial Day. Many of you know that my mom used to be a teacher and when I was in college I would subsitute at her school. That's when I met one of my mom's dear co-workers named Christina. Christina is my age and has a little boy Christian's age and right now she is expecting their second child. Late last week Christina's husband was injured in an explosion while working on a tank on an army base in Maryland. One person was killed in the explosion and her husband was seriously injured. The news today is not good. There is bleeding in his lungs from the blast and the situation is very dire. Please pray for Christina and her husband Joe. Pray for healing for Joe. For the safety of their unborn child. And pray for their little boy, Austin.

You know what I've been thinking and praying a lot lately...."Lord come quickly." All this grief and the heartache of this world make me long for Heaven. I wish I could just pack up my family and everyone that I love and hop on a train to Heaven. I long to be with Jesus where there is no more pain or suffering! Being homesick for Heaven is a good thing!

Lord Come Quickly!

5 comments:

Jackie said...

Amen!

Sarah Joy said...

I am with you on that Judy and will be praying.

Laurie in Ca. said...

I sure will be praying for Joe to heal from these injuries and for God's protection over Christina and her unborn baby. I agree with you that there is just so much grief and heartache these days. It does make Heaven look so inviting. By the way, the group shots of the kids below are too cute.

Love and Hugs, Laurie

Heidi said...

I will be praying! The Lord really has been working on my heart lately to be longing for heaven.

jennwa said...

They will be in my prayers.