Monday, May 18, 2009

Field Trip with Emma.

Last Friday I got to go to the Cumberland Valley Life Festival with Emma's class. Our friends Laurie and Caitlin were visiting from Massachusetts and they got to my house at 9:30am to watch my kiddos so I could go be with Emma. It was sooo sweet of them and they even brought Christian a new Thomas movie so he would feel comfortable staying with them. That trick worked and he's been talking about them ever since. And I should mention that it was also "wacky day" so that explains the green and pink hair you will see in these pictures.This is the gang I got to hang out with for the morning.
(Bailey, Emma, Jack, Austin ((I think that's his name)), Brayden)
The middle schoolers put this festival on for the primary and elementary kids. They set up stations with different colonial trades. This was the apple press and they made real apple cider from scratch for each of the kids.
The candle making station.

Here's the snake on top of the compost pile that was the main attraction there for awhile. Then he disappeared and I started watching my feet :)

Our girl who is going to be a third grader before we know it!

The tavern. Nice huh? They had root beer and cookies.

The undertaker.

See that kettle? They sliced potatoes and were making kettle potato chips. Tasty!!
And these were just a few of the stations! It was quite the event and I'm so glad I got to have that special time with Em and her very well behaved friends. (I do love great behavior, especially out of a kid who shows up with green hair :)


4 comments:

Heidi said...

Looks like such a fun day! She'll always remember the field trip that Aunt Judy went along with her!!

The Marklund's said...

I LOVE Emma's shirt! What a brave girl (at least it's not Yankees territory!)

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great Field Trip. I'm glad yu got to go with Emma.
Grandmom

Christine said...

Wow! What a great idea from the middle school!! It looks like everyone had lots of fun. :)