Monday, May 4, 2009

It's Teacher Appreciation Week

Just wanted to remind all of you with kiddos in school that this week is Teacher Appreciation Week! As a former teacher I've gotten a few mugs in my day! So do you guys have any creative ideas for the teachers in your lives?? I always loved getting letters from my students telling me their favorite things that they learned or their favorite memories from that year. I also loved getting gift cards to bookstores. Leave a comment if you've got a cute idea!

P.S. If you are a teacher and you're reading this, I've heard that Chick-fil-A (participating ones) is giving away free chicken strips to teachers this Tuesday.

4 comments:

Millicent said...

I'm not feeling very appreciated this week :(
oh, and I heard that homeschool teachers can get in on the chick fil a deal!

Katy said...

bummer - now i wish david was still teaching! :)

Our school is doing a GREAT thing for Teacher Appreciation week. Every day is assigned something to bring. It takes the pressure off of us parents to figure out what to do. Here's our schedule: Monday - write your favorite verse. Tuesday - write your favorite recipe. Wednesday - Bring a card (bought or homemade). Thursday - Bring a single flower.
Friday - Gift or gift card. I love it! As room mom, I just bought and distributed colored index cards for the verses and recipe cards for the recipes. I'll bring in the vases to collect all the flowers on Weds. and we're good!

Anonymous said...

At my school teachers loved to get chocolate, lots of chocolate.
Grandmom

Jenn said...

i definitely love anything made from the children in the classroom. I even got presents from my kiddos today for my birthday...i feel really special :)