Sunday, May 24, 2009

Thank You

You guys are amazing! Thank you so much for all your emails, texts, calls and especially for all the sweet comments you've been leaving on Zac and Julie's blog. Thanks for worrying about all of us. We are so sad and 'yes' I did end up with a migraine yesterday because I cried so much. And I did go to the drug store just to buy nose spray because my nose was so stopped up, but we felt much better after Ryan got a chance to talk to Zac last night. They are doing well, all things considered. They are amazing and so strong. I know God's grace is covering them. My specific prayer for them right now is that they will finish the race with perseverance. They have a lot of living yet to do and they have two other children who need them more than ever right now. So I have two verses that I'm praying for Zac and Julie:

2 Corinthians 4:18 "So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. "

Hebrews12:1-3 "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart."

Lord Jesus,
I bring Zac and Julie before you and ask you to help them to fix their eyes on what is unseen. Comfort their hearts by reminding them that this pain and grief is temporary and that you have an amazing eternity planned for them and all of their children. Help them to run this race, called life, with perseverance. Help them to fix their eyes on you so that they will not grow weary and lose heart. I know they're weary and tired. Strengthen them by the power of your Holy Spirit. Give them a peace that passes all understanding. May they tangibly know that you are with them and that you will never leave them or forsake them in the days, weeks and months ahead. And thank you for Olivia and the amazing life she lived. Thank you for taking care of her until she's with her mommy and daddy again.
In Jesus name, Amen.

Ryan and I and McKenna will be heading out to Illinois on Wednesday morning. Christian is going to stay with my parents while we're gone (it's cheaper that way and he'll have a blast and probably won't miss us at all). I'm a very nervous flyer and hate the thought of three and not four of us getting on a plane, but this is a great exercise in FAITH for me. Just in case you didn't catch that I'll mention again that I HATE FLYING! ((deep breath)) It'll be fine!! Ha! Yes, It'll be fine.

This blog world is amazing. I know that so many of you are grieving with us. I know that Olivia was dear to so many of you and I know that many of you prayed for her for months. I know you felt close to her even though you hadn't met her. That's the beauty of blogging. It's united so much prayer and support for Olivia. I know you loved her too! And all I can say is thankyou. The Bible says that we are to bear one another's burdens and you guys are definitely doing that. I am humbled!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Judy,
Praying for peace as you get on a plane this week. I agree, Christian, will have a great time as your parents' house.

Our prayers are with the entire Chatterton family!

-Laurie

Brennan Blog said...

I was/am saddened by Olivia's passing. I know that she is with her Lord and that she has peace. Stay strong and hang in there.
When you are in Illinois, look for my cousing Kristin and her hubby Jason. Give them a hug for me.

anthonyandbeth said...

praying for this sweet family. i'm so sorry about the loss but so thankful that they know Jesus and have hope in HIM! i'll be praying for your trip and for you to have peace.

Sarah Joy said...

Praying for you guys and will pray about the plane trip... I was there the first time you flew and still remember it! If only you would have Katie there to give you some comic relief!

Jenn Wilhide said...

Good luck with the flight! I am a VERY nervous flier as well, so I know how you're feeling. Have faith!