Sunday, August 2, 2009

Exciting Times

Not only are there five kiddos sleeping in my house right now (oh how I love that feeling) but there is also a rumor that we may have TWO...yes, you read that right....TWO offers on our house tomorrow. We got a call at 4:30 on Friday afternoon that we had 45 minutes until our next showing. Sheer panic set in and somehow we were out of the house in time and it looked rather decent. Those people are sitting down to write an offer tomorrow. Then we had a showing today right after church and those people are coming back tomorrow morning to see it again and possibly write an offer! Oh my word, it's exciting. We have no idea what's going to happen and we are perfectly content with whatever God's will is. This whole house selling process has been making Christian a little nervous. Some days he really wants us to buy a new house and other days he tells us that he never, ever wants to move. And all along this is what I've been telling him and this is what I believe with all my heart: "Jesus loves us more than anybody else in the whole world and He knows what's best for our family. He knows if we should stay in our house and he knows if we should move. We are just going to trust Him to show us which house is the perfect house, because he will pick the BEST place for us!" The three of us (Ryan, Christian and I) stood in the driveway of the house that we would love to buy today and held hands and prayed together that God's will, not ours, will be accomplished in our lives. And I think we all felt pretty good about it and we are ready for whatever tomorrow holds!

I would love to ask you to pray for us as we go through this process, but honestly that seems frivolous when tonight there is something a little heavier on my heart. You might remember that my Uncle John passed away about a week ago and I asked you to pray for his widow, my dear Aunt Betty. Well, my Aunt Betty is in the hospital tonight with a collapsed lung and they've found a spot on her lung that they're going to do a biopsy on. Would you please, please pray for her. Can you imagine loosing your spouse of over 60 years and then being so sick and being in the hospital is never fun. Please join me in praying for God's comfort and healing for her. She is so dear! You would just love her to pieces and her fried chicken beats KFC any day!

7 comments:

Aggiema (Michelle) said...

I hope that the offers on the house come through and you can get the one you want. I know this is a stressful time for you.

Millicent said...

ooohhhh...Yay for offers!!! I'll pray for your aunt.

Heidi said...

Hope things go well for the offers!! I'll be praying for you and your aunt today! Keep us posted!!

anthonyandbeth said...

wow! a lot going on. :) praying for your Aunt and the house offers and the potential buying process for your family! thanks for keeping us posted. :)

Jenn W. said...

Good luck with the house situation! I am so happy for you! I'll pray for your aunt! Can't wait to hear the next update!

Katy said...

praying for all of you today...will be anxious to check back in later today to see a PTL update! :)

Heather said...

I am excited for you, and praying for your family. It will be amazing to watch God do what we know He does best!!