Monday, August 3, 2009

So proud of him

It took about 2 hours, but Christian went from THIS...Not even in the water.
To THIS...in the water, but in Daddy's arms.

To THIS...hanging onto the side, never letting go.

To THIS...learning to trust the life jacket.
To THIS..."watch me mommy!"
To THIS...1-2-3-flying!
This might not seem like a big deal to you, but for my little boy who still remembers his near drowning experience from last year, this is a very big deal!!! I'm still sad about what happened last year and know that it was totally my fault for not paying close enough attention, even though I was RIGHT THERE!!! Ugh...the guilt...I can't even think about it.
But last night was a victory for him and me too!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christian is overcoming so many fears this summer...riding his bike, swimming...it's wonderful. Next you'll have to work on the bee thing!

Looks like you had a great weekend.

Laurie

Katy said...

it just takes patience...and time!! hooray for BOTH of you!

Heather said...

That's alot of progress in one day! Good job Christian!