Thursday, August 6, 2009

A "hello" from Malawi


Remember my college roommate Jamie who was going to Malawi, Africa for a year?
Well, she and her husband are there right now!!
Their bags didn't make it, but they did.
Now think about that for a moment...You arrive in Malawi...you spent hours painstakingly packing a total of 8 suitcases with everything you think you're going to need for a year...and none of it arrives with you. Yikes! Jamie's the adventurous sort ((obviously)) so she's probably okay about it, but I would be crying and be ready to get back on the next plane to America or at least Europe. So would you pray that they can get this straightened out and that all 8 bags are recovered??!! Thanks!
And this is really unbelievable...I've already heard from Jamie! Imagine my shock when I got an email from her this morning! Boy did that make the world seem small! I love that girl and am so excited to see God work in her life over the next year.


Click the logo up there at the top to read their blog and to keep up with Daniel's tweets (that's fancy language for Twittering and if you still don't know what that is well...never mind...I don't even really "get" Twitter, but I just might have to join just to follow them. That being said, Do any of you guys Twitter? Just curious.)

Thanks to all of you who have supported Jamie and Daniel financially (through the Chip-in I did a few months ago) and for praying for them. It's my hope that Jamie will be able to share needs that they might come across while they're in Africa and that maybe we can come together to do something about it. We'll see! The world is pretty small after all and God is pretty BIG!

1 comment:

Sarah Joy said...

I am so exctied for them! I wonder how often they will be able to blog form there...?