Tuesday, August 25, 2009

What??

So I was just working on a post and I couldn't get any of my pictures to load. Now Blogger is telling me that I've exceeded my picture storage quota. What? I thought I could post unlimited numbers of pictures, but I guess not. Now they want me to pay for more storage to be able to post more. Does that even sound right? I'm not quite ready to do that yet. Has anyone else had this problem???? Help!

The Update:
For those of you who blog and care about this kind of stuff: It looks like I'm going to have to pay $20.00 a year to continue to keep this blog going. I could be cheap about it and just start a new blog under a new email address, but that would be silly. Right now Picaso Web Albums supports Blogger and gives you 1 GB of free storage. After you use that up you have to start paying. It's $20 a year for 10 GB, so I figure at the rate I'm going it will take me about 20 years to use that up. I think I should be okay and really $20.00 a year isn't that much considering the peace of mind I get from know that if my computer crashes all my pictures are not lost.


5 comments:

Courtney said...

i haven't had that problem...yet...but every time i load pictures it tells me the % i have left of space. i've used 70% so far...in 2 years. i noticed when i got my "new" camera, that the larger pictures were taking up more space...so now i convert them to smaller sizes to post on the blog. so, yes, it's something that can happen!

Lori said...

I think it is something like 20.00...happened to another friend of mine this week, too!!!

Sarah Joy said...

Stop it! I am getting close to my quota too but I didn't think it was going to charge me.... oh this stinks!

Heidi said...

Could you delete the post that you already printed for your book that you made to clear up space?

Katy said...

uh-oh - i wondered. i was going to ask my friend courtney, because she's the one that started me on blogging...but i can see she already commented!!! my next suggestion would be to delete the years that you've already printed a book for...although i haven't even STARTED making my books...looks like i'm going to have to get on it!