Thursday, August 20, 2009

My Girl

It's blurry, but it's cute! Sometimes you have to take what you can get...she moves fast!
McKenna had her 18 month check up today (just a little late). She got three shots (including the flu) and she was not happy about it! She is in the 45% for weight which is a new one for me. Christian was always in the 90% percentile for everything. Sometimes he was off the chart, but girls are so different! McKenna weighs 23.8 pounds. And here are my most favorite things that McKenna is doing right now:
1. McKenna always folds her hands when we pray. Even if she has to stop eating or put down her cup, she still does just so she can fold her hands and then she claps when we're done praying. If we forget to pray she reminds us by folding her hands and fussing until we notice.
2. McKenna is a musical girl. She sings almost every minute of the day. I love it! She can hear a song once and then be babbling it a few hours later. Her latest one is the ABC song. I love hearing a little song coming from her as I move through the day. What a good reminder to me to keep Joy in my heart.
3. McKenna loves butterfly kisses (although Christian refers to them as "eye kisses"). McKenna pulls my face against hers just so she can get an "eye kiss."
4. McKenna is naughty! Oh yes she is! Under that sweet face and snugly little body is a little girl who's mind is set on destruction and adventure. And when she gets caught she usually tries to run away whenever you tell her to come. Or if she has something that you want her to give you, she runs away and hides it! And she's learning to pitch a pretty good fit, "Christian style."

I love her little shadow and her footprints!

1 comment:

Sarah Joy said...

Love that last photo! And that pink suit is way too cute but not near as cute as McKenna! She has such a look in her eyes!