Wednesday, March 24, 2010

We made it to Hershey

I've been hearing a lot of...."thank you so much for bringing me here." There is a certain four year old who just loves adventures like this. He showed a little bravery in the pool this afternoon and the kids and I headed to Friendly's tonight for dinner while daddy was still working. It just happened to be "Kids Night" which meant balloon animals and $1.99 kids meals! Ahhh...I love a good deal!

Bed time took about 2 hours. I'm not kidding. It's 10:30 and everyone just now fell asleep. Both of my kids have a tendency to sing/talk themselves to sleep. Not a big deal when you have your own room, but kind-of tricky when you're sharing a hotel room. So McKenna would sing something and Christian would promptly have to tell her that she was singing it wrong. You can see where this is going...things went back and forth like that for awhile even with me laying down the law a few times. Then Daddy arrived on the scene around 9:45pm and everyone had to get out of bed to show him their balloon animals and then we started the singing and shhhhing again.

Man I hope everyone sleeps in tomorrow! They probably won't because they know we're going to Chocolate World!

2 comments:

Katy said...

yes, the one hotel room is a tricky thing. we lucked out on our florida trip - every one went to sleep pretty well i think mostly out of sheer exhaustion!!! you're going to have so much fun tomorrow - enjoy it!!! :)

Heidi said...

Hope you have a great time!