Friday, March 19, 2010

Just me....talking about Haiti again. I'm sorry....it's just on my heart.

I've been reading THIS blog since the earthquake in Haiti. There are some awesome, Jesus loving people ministering in Haiti right now and I have been so challenged an encouraged by their servant's hearts and faithfulness to the Lord. Please click on THIS link. I really want you to read THIS post about how they take these sweet children who are literally starving to death and nurse them back to health. The pictures speak for themselves. They had a little girl come to their Rescue Center who was a year old and weighed only 5lbs. Did you read that??? Only 5lbs. Picture that for a moment (if you can't CLICK HERE, but I'm warning you...you're heart will be broken and you're going to feel selfish). I can hardly think about without crying and begging the Lord to please come quickly.

Okay...deep breath...no crying.

Moving on!

Anyway, I am so excited that they have been able to repair the damage to their building since the earthquake and they are opening up the new Rescue Center (for starving children) very soon. They have two huge shipping containers here in the United States that they are filling with donations and they will be shipped to Haiti next month.

They've created a wishlist at Walmart.com of the things they need for the Rescue Center. You can click here for all the information on how to send a donation. It's so easy and some of the stuff they need only costs $3. It's sent directly to their shipping container in MN and it will get to Haiti by the end of next month. I think it's so fun to be able to buy something and know that it is directly going to these precious kids. Here's a blog they've set up to show you all the stuff people are donating that is currently being packed in the shipping container. One thing they really need is Bumbo seats. I know I have one that my kids barely used.

Okay, I could go on and on.....and I know some of you probably get tired of posts from me begging you to give to something or send something. I just know that if we all do a little something it makes a huge difference and it helps bring LIFE to these children in Haiti. I know that I get tired of myself sometimes...tired of it being all about me and my kids. The Lord is constantly challenging me to think beyond myself, my house, my family and my stuff. So I guess that gets reflected in this blog...

1 comment:

Millicent said...

oh girl...I have come across that blog a few times but haven't looked at it a lot. That breaks my heart beyond words. I'm ready to pack up and head to Haiti--I have pleny of breastmilk to go around :)
I'm going to show my kids these pictures next time they are being ungrateful.