Thursday, March 25, 2010

Nothings Ever Perfect

And I think that could definitely be said of this little mini-vacation we're on. We're having fun, but some things just never change whether we're at home or away. Bad attitudes still need adjusting. They probably wouldn't have been an issue if the dang mini-golf place would have actually been opened. McKenna is STILL dealing with this problem which I've learned to handle at home, but it's a bit of a different story when you're in the middle of dinner, at a sit down restaurant and she starts screaming "poopy." Nice. The four of us sleeping in one room last night was a rather unpleasant experience for me. I'm just a picky sleeper, so I pretty much didn't sleep which pretty much meant my patience was shot by the time we woke up this morning.

BUT...we are having fun. It just hasn't been a dream come true...which is okay. Sometimes I think I need to lower my expectations and not expect everything to go perfectly. We headed to Chocolate World this morning. It was fun and not at all crowded, so we rode through the tour two times. It's FREE so we might even go back tomorrow. We ran into a friend which was very random, but fun. We didn't go to the zoo because Christian has decided that zoos are boring. Again...time to adjust my expectations and remind myself that it's not about me and my plan all the time. Arcades are fun ((apparently)) so we wasted some money there instead. The pool has been a huge hit which is exciting because I have some timid kids when it comes to water. Maybe by the time summer rolls around they'll put their faces in the water :)

I've gotten the cutest pictures, but don't have my camera cord with me to upload anything. So you're going to have to wait.


2 comments:

Katy said...

i am NOT a happy mommy when sleep gets messed up, so i hope you have a better time of things today. hang in there - i have posted many times about expectations on vacations....it's a hard thing..espcially when the kids are this little! i totally understand!

Millicent said...

oh, the joy of being away from home with young kids. I'm glad you're enjoying yourselves even though there are some wrinkles!