Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Sunshine

Today we enjoyed some sunshine!! I'm praying that the warm weather is here to stay. I also prayed that McKenna would continue to nap until she goes to kindergarten. She scared me today because it's the first time ever that she went the whole day without a nap. I am soooo not ready for her to give up her nap. I felt silly after I asked God to please let her be a good napper, but then I thought about it for a second and realized that God probably knows what a big deal that is to me and he heard me, just because he loves me. It remains to be seen what will happen with the nap, but I love that the same God who created this gorgeous spring day also cares about the minute details of my life!
There's no stopping this boy on his bike! I love it how to doesn't even think twice about riding with his boots and work gloves on!
The culdesac at the end of our street is his new favorite place to hang out. He loves it when I let him ride down there by himself.

McKenna is Miss Safety Patrol these days. She always makes sure that she and Christian both have on their bike helmets.

And she just loves wearing her princess snow boots with her Dora bike helmet! I mean seriously...how cool is she???

Heading home!

McKenna was so proud of the fact that she was riding a "bike."

The best part of the day was when daddy came home and grilled us steaks for dinner! Yummo!
Please spring...stay! We love having you here!


4 comments:

Millicent said...

Wasn't it a gorgeous day??? I do see that next week it will be cold again, but only in the 40's so I won't complain too much! We'll just soak up the warm sunshine while we can!!

Lisa said...

Funny! I pray that my kids are good sleepers too! So far they are... God knows that I'm a better mother when I get some rest too!

Anonymous said...

Thank God for spring! Isn't it wonderful? The kids have been outside so much. Plus they sleep well. Anna :)

Katy said...

hopefully all the outside play will wear her out - my kids are all nappers - even jacob still takes a nap almost every other day. don't give up! she needs the down time...and SO DO YOU!!!