Monday, January 3, 2011

Baby Kicks

Christian just felt his little brother kick for the first time! He was so excited! It was so cute. This little boy is active the most when I lay down on my side, so I crawled in bed with Christian and he sat there with his hands on my belly just waiting. He was not disappointed. Christian's decided that his little brother is in there practicing his soccer kicks so that when he's born they can play soccer together :) He was thrilled to pieces when I told him that he's only the 2nd person to feel his brother move. And tomorrow the kids are going to go with me to my baby doctor appt. I don't know if it's a good idea or a bad idea, but I think it should be a good experience for them to hear the heart beat. McKenna is excited about it and Christian only wanted to know if he could bring his DS along. So apparently this is not all that life changing for him, but he's going anyway!!!

McKenna and I went shopping today and we bought some diapers for the new baby. And then McKenna decided that she could give her diapers to the new baby and she could wear big girl undies. So guess what we're going to do starting tomorrow?? Potty training!! She's been technically ready for a long, long time. I mean seriously, when her diaper is wet she takes it off, throws it in the trash and goes and gets a new pull up and puts it on. But I have hesitated to potty train her or put any pressure on her at all because we've been dealing with some serious constipation issues for almost a year now. It is just plain awful/painful/traumatic sometimes and she has to take prescription meds to get herself straightened out. We just went through this again over Christmas, so I'm not completely committing to the idea of potty training. We're just going to give it a try and see how she does. I think the worst thing I could do was force her to do something traumatic, so for once the ball is in her court. I know that doesn't sound like much of a strategy and as I'm typing this it's sort of sounding to me like a recipe for failure, but we'll see what happens. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: