Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I'm THRILLED about this opportunity!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone else out there have a hard time letting go of baby clothes??? I've never done it (until now). I have pretty much kept every piece of clothing that Christian & McKenna ever wore. I knew we would probably have a third child and so I was keeping the clothes for that child. But now that we know for sure that we're having a boy, I had a dilemma. What was I going to do with McKenna's clothes? I don't need them anymore. But they're so cute. There are so many memories attached to them. I can hardly stand to just give them away.

It was a year ago today that an earthquake shook Haiti. My heart was shaken at the same time and a year later I've realized that I am not the same person I was a year ago. Haiti is never far from my mind. I find myself praying for the children of Haiti all the time. I read several blogs written by missionaries in Haiti every single day. I feel guilty about the excess in my own life and in the lives of my children. And I feel the Lord constantly stirring my heart about the orphaned and starving children in Haiti.

There is one ministry that has become close to my heart. Whenever I have a few bucks in my paypal account, from getting paid to do a survey or from selling something on ebay, it never stays in there for long. It's usually sent off to the Rescue Center in Haiti, because I know that even just $3.00 is used to feed a starving child. The Rescue Center in Haiti is sort of like an orphanage, although most of these children have parents. They take in children that are close to death because of starvation. They save the lives of over 200 children a year.

Twice a year they fill a shipping container here in the United States and they ship that container filled with supplies to Haiti!! And I'm almost giddy with excitement over the fact that this year McKenna's baby clothes are going to be on that container!!! I'm shipping them to a missionary in Indiana. He'll pack them onto the container and these precious children are going to have McKenna's clothes. It's so much easier to let something go when you know it's going to someone truly in need!!!!

Here's a list of some of the other things they need:

•large safety pins
•crib sheets
•shorts of any size
•socks of any size
•boys and girls underwear of any size
barretts
•plastic pants to put over cloth diapers
•baby shampoo, lotion, and powder
•hand sanitizer
bumbo seats
sippy cups
•spoons
•bowls
•q-tips
•toys-large and durable
•newborn clothes
•shoes/ sandals of anysize
•infant formula
•baby food
•baby cereal
•kids DVD’s or cassette tapes
•baby bottles
•pillow case dresses and aprons (sewing projects)
•toys for babies to hang in cribs
•brown baby dolls
•baby hats


So do you happen to have any of those things laying around???? Are you ready to pack a box for Haiti? Shoot me an email (judah322@hotmail.com) if you want the address of where to send your box. I can't post the address on this blog, but I can email it to you. You need to label the box "Haiti Rescue Center."

No comments: