Saturday, January 8, 2011

Today I'm "Nesting" - Updated

(We had fun checking on this nest all summer long! It was in a bush by our patio.)

Today I'm paying bills and organizing every.single.thing. in every.single.box in our crawl space. It's fun (jk)!
You know what??? I think "nesting" is actually when a pregnant mom begins to let reality set in that she's going to have a tiny little person to take care of. Then she begins to panic because she realizes that she's never going to have another spare moment in her day. And she goes wild with organizing every.single.box in her crawl space. Yes, indeed. Nesting is really just another word for panic!

So there you have it! Today I'm feeling a bit of panic. The same panic I've been feeling all week as I have organized and repacked every Christmas decoration we own. And then there was the random closet in the bonus room that got a make-over. I actually spent $68.00 at Target (which if you really know how frugal I am, that is a small fortune to me) this week on plastic tubs, baskets and buckets. I think I have a vague memory of using a very loud voice to explain to McKenna about how she should keep her books organized on her book shelf. No wonder the rest of my family is outside (away from me) playing in the snow :)

The Update:
We're NOT done, but that is the trash pile! The giveaway pile is even bigger!! And it feels refreshing!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

You can come "nest" at my house :)

Anonymous said...

You can "nest" at ours too! Only at our house you'll have to wear a mask to keep away from all the flu germs. Please pray that the kids don't get this!

Raeann