Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Christmas Morning - Part 2




I love Christmas morning. I know that Christmas is NOT about the presents, but it sure is fun to see the sheer delight on the faces of my children. To hear the laughter and surprise in their voices. It fills my heart with joy and I'm sure that's just how Jesus feels when He blesses us. I know that our Heavenly Father longs to give us ABUNDANT life filled with the JOY that only He can bring.
Matthew 7:11

"If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!"

I love that verse and how it sneaks in that little reminder that we are sinful, evil people. Which is so true, but I love picturing the idea of how much God delights in giving us good things. Ryan and I both agreed that this was probably the best Christmas we've ever had. It was fun and peaceful. We didn't go into any debt :) And we all felt very, very blessed. It was a wonderful way to wrap up a beautiful year of blessings in our new home.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was truly a blessing to be with you and share the morning.
Grandmom