Wednesday, January 5, 2011

29 Weeks???

That little stat seems to be up for debate these days, although I still firmly believe that I am at 29 weeks. My doctor visit today was interesting. I took the big kids with me because I knew I was just going to be in and out. I thought it would be fun for them to hear the heart beat. McKenna was excited about that but she did not like it when they took my blood pressure. She got all worried and had to sit on my lap and hold my hand. I assured her that it didn't hurt, but she wasn't so sure about that.



So I'm measuring ahead of schedule. I have with each of my pregnancies and it's never really been a big deal. The doctor was convinced that McKenna was just going to be huge, but she was a very healthy little seven pounder. So I'm not getting too excited. They decided to go ahead and do another ultrasound this coming Thursday because they are convinced that my due date must be sooner that the March 19th date we're all planning on, but I also reminded them that they also came up with the exact same due date that I came up with when they did my very first ultrasound (you know the little peanut one) at 8 weeks. Drama! Drama!



I did have a few moments of panic today when it occured to me that I could possibly have a February baby. Umm...not ready for that. I have so much to do. So tonight I started going through all the baby clothes that I've kept for the last 5 years (what on earth was I thinking??). I have kept everything and had no idea just how much stuff that was until it was all piled in the basement. I've spent hours going through everything and I have a very healthy pile of girl stuff to giveaway. It's so hard to part with some of the dresses and outfits that have such strong memories connected to them. My boy clothes are not matching up seasonally very well, so I am going to have to buy some warm little sleepers. Christian was a June baby, so I have lots of adorable 3 month pairs of shorts and the cutest little short sleeved shirts, but I don't think we're going to be using those in March.



I have been packing the clothes that the kids outgrown in those Ziploc Big Bags and when I opened some of the bags of McKenna's baby stuff it actually smelled like my sweet baby girl. That almost made me cry and I realized for the first time this pregnancy that I'm ready! I've been so busy and worried about so many little things that I haven't savored the thought of having a newborn very much. Instead I've been worrying about how on earth I'm going to nurse a baby and take Christian to school and t-ball practice. How on earth am I going to get this baby on a schedule of two naps a day with everything else we have going on in our lives?? How am I going to do this?? This is the first time I've had a baby and actually had other stuff going on in life that I have to do. But tonight I looked at all those precious little baby outfits and I let myself get excited and I felt peace about it all falling into place. I may never get sleep again but I'm not sleeping so good these days either, so it doesn't really matter.

1 comment:

Sarah Joy said...

What an exciting time for you Judy! I remember when I finally let myself get excited about Scott coming and I woudl just go sit in his room and rock and think.Oh they were precious moments. I am so glad you are able to record everything here on your blog and will have it to look back at.