Saturday, January 15, 2011

Weekend :)

What a productive weekend!!! I'm feeling so much better about life in general!

I worked all day yesterday on the baby's room (thanks to my mom watching the big kids) and at 2am I was finally rinsing out my paint brushes and heading to bed! I got it done. The room that was once yellow is now gray. I know gray sounds like a weird color for a baby room. Just trust me....it's going to be cute. I'll give you a little hint about what the final product is going to look like: the guy at Lowes asked me if I was a Cowboys fan when I was picking out the paint.

No pictures yet because I still have all the decorating to do. But the curtains are ironed and hung. The bed is made (with all of Christian's old bedding). We scrubbed down the crib and changing table. And I assembled the baby swing...the one I couldn't live without when McKenna was a baby! I have a closet full of clothes washed and hanging in his closet. I have several packs of diapers and plenty of wipes. I really need to spray paint a few things, but you can't really do that in the winter because I'm not going to do it in the house. So I'm not sure what I'm going to do about that.

Oh my word, this is really going to happen! We might have to start a countdown chain around here because we are all getting so excited. McKenna is beyond excited. She talks about her brother every day and sits in the big rocking chair and practices rocking her baby dolls, so she'll be ready to rock her brother. In fact, she's assured me that she'll even take care of the diaper changes. I told her I would just like it if she would get rid of her own diapers :)

I THINK we've decided on a name. The kids have anyway. I guess they got tired of our indecision and they just picked a name and that's what they're going with. We have no middle name. I think I might just get to pick whatever I want for that (I think Ryan is done with discussions about names), so I've got to spend some time thinking about it. So until we've got the whole name figured out.....you're just going to have to wait!!!

I'm starting to get lots of people asking me when I'm due and when I tell them March they just about fall over. I don't feel huge, but apparently I look it to everyone else. It's flattering, really...I mean who doesn't love being called huge in a very polite way :)

Gotta go...I'm hoping Ryan will agree that I should most definitely go to Hobby Lobby right now to look for some cute stuff for the baby room. I struck out on etsy with what I thought I was going to order, so I've got to come up with a new game plan.



P.S. I am not, nor will I ever be a Dallas, Cowboys fan.

3 comments:

the mccollums... said...

so fun--I can't wait to see the pics of the room...AND hear the final name pick. :) Yay. So funny that you wrote this post this afternoon and talked about going to Hobby Lobby. I got out myself today (first time for me without a husband and baby since Maryn's birth)...it was so good to feel normal again. And where did I go? Yes, Hobby Lobby and Target! :)

Heather said...

I'll be glad to come visit before that baby comes and help you...I'll even spray pain outside in the winter!! :)

Anonymous said...

I still think Carter or Kohl are good name choices.....you helped raise them and did such a great job!!...