Thursday, January 6, 2011

My Daughter

McKenna loves hand-me-downs!
Whenever we get a bag of clothes from Abby, McKenna just has to try some things on.
And if there happens to be something in the bag with Strawberry Shortcake, Dora, My Little Pony or any other character, she absolutely won't part with it.
It does not matter if the dress is a size 6! She not only tries it on but then she'll ask to have her picture taken and she'll run around the house posing by various chairs, doors and tables.

But it's this last picture that I just had to show you.
It sort of took my breath away the first time I looked at it.
Then I showed it to my sister and she confirmed exactly what I was already thinking.
--------
She looks just like me!
That is what I looked like when I was two.
Do you see how she has a touch of dark circles under her eyes??
She gets that from me (I've battled it my whole life).
Her nose is mine too.
And I just adore that final picture of her :)
Precious daughter of mine!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your mom can also confirm that McKenna looks like you. But, she has a twinkle in her eye and a mischievious look sometimes that is all her own.
Grandmom

Sarah Joy said...

And your best friend from childhood also confirms it! Made me cry!And the dark circles crack me up because you and I have always had those dumb things... Reagan gets them and Scotty!
Kenna sure is precious and you have to tell her that Scotty asked me last night if we could watch her open her gift on Christmas again! How funny that he loves the video of her all excited.