Monday, January 31, 2011

Third Trimester Bliss

You know how every now and then you hear a story about a person who goes to the ER because they think they're having a heart attack, but really it just ends up being heartburn?

Well, I get that now. My nights have become rather miserable thanks to this big boy I'm carrying around.

The grocery store used to be one of my favorite places. I love organizing all my coupons, studying the sale flyer and hitting the store for an extended visit just to make sure I'm getting the best deal. But lately any extended standing just results in Braxton Hicks and the general feeling that I might just give birth in the cereal aisle.

And I constantly find myself tapping my toe to point to something on the floor that I need one of my children to pick. They just love that.

I'm sure Ryan equally loves the fact that a full basket of clean clothes can typically be found sitting at the bottom of the steps just waiting for him to carry it upstairs. I could do it but then I would just be too exhausted to put any of it away.

I have a feeling I've probably been complaining a decent amount because Ryan used to talk about wanting a fourth child and I haven't heard a word about that for at least six weeks!

And so....reality has set in. We are having a baby and he's going to be here before we know it. His room is done (I know, I know...I need to take pictures). The bouncy seats have been scrubbed, the carseat has been washed. All I need now is some batteries for the baby swing, a new changing table pad and we are ready!!!

This past Sunday was my last Sunday to teach Sunday School. Next Monday is my last day to volunteer in Christian's preschool class. And this Friday I will have my fourth ultrasound to find out just how big this "little" boy is! I'm hoping that he has calmed down a little bit and that he's not gaining weight like crazy. My non-stress tests have been completely normal thus far. I'll continue to have them at least once a week until d-day arrives. I feel peace about some decisions I've made regarding this little guys delivery. I've pretty much just decided what interventions should be a last resort and what interventions I would be willing consider even if we aren't in an emergency situation.

I'm excited. Now that most of the "work" of getting ready is behind me, I'm hoping to just enjoy the next month. We're going to do some fun stuff with our big kids and we have decided to take the entire month of February and be really purposeful about making sure they feel loved and secure. It's going to be fun!!

So that's the latest from this preggo girl!!! And while I was most definitely being sarcastic about the 3rd trimester being "bliss." I am quite serious when I tell you how thankful I am for this precious baby that the Lord has blessed us with. I would throw up and have heartburn for the rest of my life it that's what it would take to bring this precious gift into our lives. Stay tuned....great things are on the horizon of our lives!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Third Trimester!!! How exciting!
You know what they say about heartburn (whoever 'they' are)? That little boy is going to be born with lots of hair!

Enjoy these lasts few months!