Friday, April 1, 2011

His Goodness

A week or so ago I was curled up in a ball under my covers willing my body to try and find some sleep. It was the afternoon and I was still in my pjs. My heated mattress pad was cranked up as warm as I could get it and I had my comforter wrapped around me trying to fend off feverish chills. I prayed for God to please, in the name of Jesus, heal whatever was wrong with me. I asked him to please show me some mercy and faithfulness. As I laid there I decided that I should probably get the thermometer and take my temperature so I would know what it was before I called the doctor again. But I couldn't remember where we kept the thermometer. Hmmmm....the drawer in the kids bathroom, my bathroom, the tub of medicine in the linen closet??? I had no idea where it was. Then I tried to remember the last time I had used it. Then it occurred to me....we had never used it in this house.We had lived in this house for 15 months and never needed to use the thermometer. Wow. Talk about God's faithfulness. If you've been reading this blog for any time at all, you know that going 15 months without a thermometer is pretty much a complete miracle for our family!! He reminded me in the middle of my self induced pity party that He has always been faithful, that He has always been there and that he would see me through this latest ordeal. And every day I'm feeling better. I still have to be super careful not to twist or turn the wrong way. So I continue to get in and out of bed like an old lady :) And I've adopted a new much slower pace to my stride. I'm still taking pain killers, but not the mega doses I was taking just a week ago. Healing is happening, it's just taking some time. I feel like I can see the light at the end of the tunnel...like I can tell that in another month I'll probably be back to normal (let's hope)! Psalm 86:15 But you, O Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness.


1 comment:

Katy said...

oh judy - i hate that your recovery is taking it's sweet time....but good for you for focusing on the BLESSING Of it. 15 months with no fevers is a HUGE thing!!! Keep your eyes focused on the blessings - you WILL get through this part!!