Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Binkie and the Boy

Guess what two things McKenna loves the most in this world??? Her binkie and her boy.


Unfortunately last week when McKenna decided that she was going to stop napping and stop using the potty all the sudden letting her have her binkie didn't seem so bad. I think we dealt with the bathroom issue pretty swiftly and hopefully that little regression is over. I had to get tough on her and there were tears for a few days, but good heavens...we were NOT going back to diapers. The nap issue is a different story. I just don't think I'm going to be able to get a nap out of her every day, so I'm trying for 3 times a week (just to keep my sanity) and that's when I pull out my awesome parenting skills and bribe her to get in bed with her binkie!


McKenna is always miserable when she wakes up from a nap but I've learned that she adores that little brother of hers and will wake up rather pleasantly if I let her snuggle with him for awhile. It's so sweet. She loves to touch his soft face. She still can't get over the fact that he doesn't like having a binkie :)

3 comments:

Becki S said...

It's all about picking your battles - sounds like you've chosen wisely! Naps are a precious commodity with such young kiddos!! ^_^

Katy said...

YES - you definitely need your quiet rest time - as does mckenna! i'm telling you - went through the same thing with callie. it's not pretty at all. but stick with it - insist that even if she doesn't sleep, she stays in her room for rest time each day. it's good for both of you to have some quiet!!!

Heather said...

I love that first picture! I have to agree with McKenna, I'd love to wake up and snuggle with that little guy too, too sweet!