Thursday, September 6, 2012

A Back to School Challenge

There are 3 times through out the year that I think are great times to start something new or get into a new routine with your kids. Obviously New Years is the time we all think of to start fresh. But when you have kids the end of the school year marks another time of transition for them and the beginning of the school year to also a good time to reevaluate what you're doing in your home and set some goals and stick to them.




So let's talk about this "back to school" season of our lives.
I have a challenge for all of you moms with kids of ANY age!!!

Challenge #1: The Mommy Challenge..... Pray at least one scripture for each of your kids each day!
I've talked about Isaiah 55:10&11 before and how it talks about how when God's word is spoken God says "it will not return to me empty but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it." Praying scripture for your kids is a way of tapping into God's power. So praying God's word for your kids is powerful and effective!

Go HERE to print out some cards with scriptures on them that you could pray throughout the day for your kiddos. These verses are just a starting point. My favorite scriptures to pray for my kids and the ones that I pray every day are:

Romans 12:2
 " Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will."
I say; "Dear Jesus, Help McKenna not to conform to the pattern of this word, but may she be transformed by the renewing of her mind. Help her to test and approve what your will is."

Colossians 3:2
"Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things."
I say; "Jesus, Help Christian to set his mind on things above today, not on earthly things." 

Psalm 89:1
"I will sing of the LORD's great love forever; with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known through all generations."
I say; "Dear Lord, let William sing of your great love forever. Let him make known your faithfulness through all generations."

I'll talk about Challenge #2 in a couple of days!!

No comments: