Friday, July 1, 2011

10:26pm Friday night

I just survived what is annually known as the longest week of my life. The week before the fourth of July. For those of you who don't know, my hubs works for TNT Fireworks. Needless to say, this is a busy week for him. I think we might have seen him a total of five hours this week. Tough on everybody, especially since "fireworks season" actually starts in early May for us. So I wasn't heading into this week feeling all that strong. I started out this week with a horrendous sinus infection and a baby who still likes to hang out with me a few times a night.


I went with a different strategy this year and thought that maybe if we were really busy the week would go by quicker. So we tackled swim lessons, soccer camp and the end of the t-ball season all in one week. Next year I might try the stay-at-home-all-week strategy and see how I like that. Or maybe I'll try the give-the-kids-to-grandmom strategy. That sounds even better.


All in all, I think we ended the week strong.



  • McKenna now thinks soccer is the greatest sport on earth because girls get to wear big pink socks.


  • Christian learned some really good lessons about the fruit of the spirit after having multiple hours long time-outs in his room :) His room that is apparently super small with nothing to do in it even though it's covered with legos.


  • Will did sleep for a seven hour stretch one night. Please, please pray for a repeat of that!!


  • Christian can swim for real without holding his nose and without wearing goggles!!


  • Will smiles at me every single time I look at him. He can be sobbing and then look at me and give me the biggest grin. Oh my gracious he is the most precious thing.


  • And this is terribly sad but also so sweet. McKenna and I were talking today and I mentioned something about daddy and the next thing I knew she was sobbing. I mean like serious tears streaming down her face. She cried and cried because she missed her daddy. And when I asked her what she missed she said "he snuggles me." And it's true...she loves to snuggle her daddy. She's not so big on snuggling with me, which makes me so sad sometimes, but she's just a daddy's girl. Both of my boys are snugglers with me, so I guess that will have to do.

So go buy some TNT Fireworks!! Go HERE to print a coupon for $10 off a $50 purchase if you have a TNT tent near you!! Have a fun weekend celebrating with your family!!!

No comments: