Thursday, February 10, 2011

My Life

Tomorrow I'll be 35 weeks pregnant!
Funny how excited I get when checking off another week on the calendar.
We're getting close now. Hopefully closer than I think.



At about 4pm every day I want to run...errr....waddle upstairs, take a long shower, put my pjs on and go to bed. I'm pretty much done with the day at 4pm. Unfortunately, the day is not done with me.



I feel like I'm walking in circles accomplishing lots but not the most important stuff. Like today for example; I spent 2 hours cleaning my car (necessary before putting a baby in it, trust me!) But then I decided that my kids car seats were gross, so I took them all apart and am washing them and then will have to re-install them (this was not necessary...it would have been more productive to actually change the sheets on their beds).



I need to actually stick to my list of things that NEED to be done and quit it with all the extra projects.



My kids decided to start yelling at each other about 3 weeks ago. I mean seriously not getting along. All the sudden McKenna has decided that she's not going to put up with the slightest annoyance from Christian. It's pretty ugly around here. It's depressing, but today there was a slight break through. We've been memorizing 1 Cor. 13:4 as a family and today we were in the car and they were fighting over something and Christian said "McKenna, remember that 1 Corinthian's says "love is patient, love is kind" and McKenna said, "Okay Christian, you can have it!" I just about drove off the road, but just kept my mouth shut. It was one of those moments where I felt like the Lord was telling me that I just need to remain faithful in teaching them His word and he will work on their hearts.



I haven't blogged about it and I don't ever plan to, but we've been having lots of drama going on in our family. It's terribly painful. I've cried and lost sleep and just been sick with worry over the whole situation. I feel like I've lived through this nightmare once before and yet here we are again. Different people, different circumstances but the same heartbreak. I find myself constantly telling the Lord that it is clearly time for Him to return and just take control of this sinful world. Why on earth does he even put up with this foolish mess? We are such foolish people, constantly "exchanging the truth of God for a lie." ((sigh)) And just for the record, I am not casting stones. Goodness gracious I am so far from perfect it's just plain ugly. Trust me I could really vent on this here blog, but I won't. There are quite a few Proverbs about how a hasty tongue only brings trouble. Trying to take that to heart. Okay, enough about that.....well, actually...could you just especially pray for our family tomorrow??

So what temp. do you keep your thermostat set on these days?? I'm just curious because our electric company just raised their rates by 3% and on top of that they didn't charge us enough last month (for our estimated bill) and I just about had a heart attack when I opened our electric bill this month. It was outrageous. Now I'm shopping for a different electric company, but it makes me a little nervous to switch to some unknown "family owned" company versus a big publicly traded company. Not sure what we're going to do. So in the meantime we have our thermostat set on 62 and I'm freezing! And I'm convinced that my kids must be freezing too, although they've never complained once. Ryan just thinks I'm a whimp. I probably am :)


4 comments:

Vicki said...

I'll be praying for your family!

In the winter, we keep the temp at 62 during the night, and it was 66 during the day if we were home. But my bill for January was too high, so I dropped it to 64 if we're home (stays 62 if we're not). We live in York County and use Adams Electric Cooperative. We've been totally happy with them, and the average for our 2010 bills was about $115, although the highest was over $180. I don't know if Adams services your county, but it's a good option if possible.

We also got Slankets for Christmas...nice and warm:).

Holly said...

Holy Cow...62 is freezing! We keep our upstairs (bedroom level) set at 68 or 69 and the downstairs (main living area) is set at 72. We have gas heat, so I think that helps a little, but last month, our gas and electric bills (combined) were around $300, which I think is high! Steve would be happy if he could see his breath when he's sleeping, he likes it that cold and he's trying to convince me to turn it down just a little!

Amy said...

Our heat is set at 62 and Rob and I are constantly freezing. The kids however, seem to be impervious. They run around in t-shirts, jeans and no socks.....nobody under the age of 34 in our house wears socks for more than an hour at a time, for reasons that I cannot comprehend! Rob and I, on the other hand, have invested in Long Johns and wear them under our jeans. It's ridiculous.

The Kirkland's said...

Wow..thats really cold. We leave ours on 68 when we are home but sometimes I get cold in the evenings and turn it u to 70 or 71 until we go to bed. I cant imagine it being that cold in my house...I bet you are freezing lol