Friday, February 25, 2011

Full Term!!!! 37 Weeks!!!!!

This is an exciting day....I am finally considered full term (which just means this little guys lungs are mature enough to handle being born anytime now). Bring it on! I'm ready for this baby any day now!! Although I think I'm going to be waiting another 2 weeks, but I'm okay with that!! I go to an OBGYN practice that is made up of doctors and midwives! I love it. I love having both perspectives and the wisdom of medical professionals who have been trained differently. It makes for an interesting dynamic and gives me all kinds of options. I was especially looking forward to today's appointment with my favorite midwife (who also happens to be a friend from church...her husband is our music pastor). I prayed last night that she would give me sound advice and that her words would help to clarify what (if anything) I should do with this big baby boy of mine.

Well, guess what?? I'm still measuring a bit ahead, but nothing extraordinary. So we wait. I'm going to let this little boy come in his own time (now all that could change after my ultrasound next Wednesday, but that's the plan for now). I'm 2 cm dilated (which is one more than last week) and the baby's head is engaged. He's facing up instead of down, but McKenna did the exact same thing and flipped herself over at the last minute. I'm feeling great; other than being tired with constant heartburn and a complete lack of sleep :)

Every day I wake up thinking "This could be the day. I'd better clean up the house and empty the dishwasher." My goal for this weekend is to get my hospital bag packed!! I just love being in the home stretch and I'm starting to dream about holding this sweet boy and I'm also dreaming about sleeping on my stomach...oh I can't wait!!

(BEFORE)

I know I've kept you waiting, so I'm going to give you a sneak peek of our sweet boy's nursery. The picture above is a BEFORE picture. I took this picture the night we first looked at our new house....so that's not even our furniture. The above room became McKenna's room for a short time and we kept the yellow until recently.

(AFTER)

And this is what it looks like now! I'm not showing you the entire room because that would reveal our little boy's name and you're just going to have to wait on that announcement :) Truthfully we still don't even have a middle name. I hope we have a decision by the time he's born or things could get interesting.

The walls are now a light grey color and most of the accents in the room are navy blue. The drapes are navy blue and I painted a navy square on the wall and then put up that decal that says "Little Engines can do Big Things." The room obviously has a train theme to it. I figured we might as well go with trains since we pretty much already had everything. I reused the bedding that was Christian's when he was a baby and this is the third time around for all of the furniture. I'll post more pictures after the arrival of Baby Chatt. For now, that's just going to have to do!

5 comments:

paintit4u said...

Judy, the room looks great! I like the train theme, the decal and the shelves for the trains. So cool looking! Anna :)

Alicia said...

Love the room! It looks perfect for a little guy. So excited for the home stretch for you -- hope the next couple of weeks fly by for you!

the mccollums... said...

love it! can't wait to hear the name...and see pics of the little guy!

Lisa said...

So exciting!!! I love the bedroom. I'm sure Christian is proud that his trains helped to decorate it. Can't wait to meet the new baby.

Katy said...

i LOVE it - of COURSE you're doing trains! He's going to love it! i love the colors and can't WAIT to hear his name!