Thursday, February 3, 2011

Baby Boy Update

I'm heading to bed in just a minute, but wanted to give you a quick update on our baby boy! I'm having my fourth ultrasound in the morning. I'm excited about it. It's fun to see him when he's this far along and I'm hoping that he hasn't grown too much.

I saw my OB today. I'm officially 34 weeks and I'm measuring 37 weeks. Yikes! I've been measuring three weeks ahead for at least half of this pregnancy. Even after I had a stomach virus and didn't eat for days and lost weight, he was still measuring 3 weeeks ahead. I'm glad he's enjoying life in there :)

I think we made some decisions today. The big one is that I feel pretty certain that we will be having a March baby and not a February baby. If I do decide to be induced early, we aren't going to do it super early. I've been wrestling with "what to do" for two weeks now. I've prayed about it and feel like I come to a conclusion and then change my mind. I just don't like having to make decisions about this kind of thing...In the back of my mind I keep thinking that it's God who should be in control of this ((Not me)) and I should just let it all play out the way he wants to. After all doesn't the Bible say that it's God who "ordains our days"!!! But I think that is probably taking that scripture out of context. God has placed some amazing medical professionals in my life and he's given them wisdom and I need to heed their advice.

So today my OB asked me, "Do you want to do what's going to be the best interest of you and your body and your recovery or do you want to do what's in the best interest of your baby and his body and his recovery?" Easy answer. Obviously the little man comes first and I'll do whatever I have to do make sure that he arrives safely in my arms!!

We will be making a final decision at 37 weeks (after I have my fifth ultrasound)! I'll keep you posted!!

4 comments:

The Kirkland's said...

I went through this with both of my kids...I had very high blood pressure with both of them and I was induced with Kaylee at 36 weeks and Kyle at 37 weeks..at that point in both pregnancies my doctors felt that was what was safest for me and the babies..but it was scary not knowing if they were ready yet or not. Both of my babies were healthy and didnt have to spend any extra time in the hospital!!

Millicent said...

that sounds like a great plan!! With Natalie I measured ahead, and with Mason I measured 2 weeks ahead. He was a week "early" :)

Aggiema (Michelle) said...

Just keep in mind that Baby boy and your other kids need a mommy to take care of them so don't take any un-necessary risk. They took my daughter by c-section at about 37 weeks due to previous uterine surgery and she was perfectly fine. She weighed 8 lbs and 10 oz with a 95th percentile sized head! I can only imagine how much bigger she would have been if we had waited. Praying that you and Ryan make the best decisions for both you and your baby boy! Take care!

Vicky said...

Dear Judy, We are praying for wisdom. Our Dan was 8 lbs.2oz. 35 years ago and the easiest and only natural labor I had. Matt was 3 1/2 weeks early--C section because of central placenta previa-- and weighed 6 lbs. 5 oz. The Lord was so faithful leading the way and He will be there for you too, dear sister. Love, Vicky