Thursday, February 24, 2011

Fun with just my two!

McKenna had never been to Chuck E. Cheeses...until today, that is!!
She started out feeling a little nervous about anything that moved.

And she ended up LOVING it!


We had no reason to go, other than the fact that we really needed a change in our routine. We just had to get out of the house and smile about something (and I had a coupon!)!

Christian was amazing! He didn't leave McKenna's side. He helped her climb up into rides and picked her up to get her out of them. And he thanked me three different times for taking him there. Wow! I almost cried because his attitude was so great.
----
There was one little boy who was yelling at his grandma about how he didn't like any of the prizes that he could get with his tickets. And he was demanding that she take him to the dollar store so he could get a prize. Oh my! My first reaction was to get my kids away from him because I saw both of my kids checking out the situation, but later when we got in the car Christian asked me if I heard that "bad" boy. He told me that he thought that boy should get a spank and never go back to Chuck E. Cheeses again. It was the perfect teachable moment, as I gently reminded Christian that he has moments when his words are mean and his heart is greedy too and that it's important to always think about how our words sound to other people. It's easy to point fingers, but a lot harder to see our own faults.
It was a great three hours of fun! Such a special memory with just my oldest two!!! That's probably one of the last things the three of us will do together without their brother.



No comments: