Saturday, December 25, 2010

Where's baby Jesus?

(Cell phone pics again...sorry they're not so great)
On December 22nd we celebrated the one year anniversary of living in our "new" house and the eight year anniversary of our engagement. It was a big night. We never ever go out to dinner at restaurants that actually have waiters. The kids thought this was a big deal.
And they were fabulous. It made me think that we should do it more often and then I realized that we've only really got two more months before a booth for four won't fit us anymore.

Then we drove around and looked at Christmas lights and stopped by our favorite mega decked out house. They even have a little stable with sheep in it. This year there were four precious lambs snuggled down under the straw. As soon as we walked up to the stable McKenna said, "Where's baby Jesus??" She fully expected him to be there until I reminded her that he's in Heaven right now preparing a place for us.


And as we were driving home Christian said, "Can we go somewhere else?" and we told him we were just going to go home. And he said, "I wish we could keep driving for a whole hour. I like being in the car with my whole family."


2 comments:

Millicent said...

so sweet!!! love the lambs!

Christine said...

I loved riding in the car with my whole family too! (Now i get car sick so it's less fun) My favorite part was actually just listening to my parents talk to each other. :)

I'm so glad Christian and McKenna have such a wonderful family!